Friday, January 25, 2013

My Travel Pledge in 2013

     And finally Senyora Lakwatsera visited  Boracay, after choosing several foreign lands versus the paradise of her own country. It's never too late, but then I should have had visited it first before I blog and brag about Songs of the Sea, Teddy Bear Museum, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Sentosa, Nseoul Tower, Long Shan Temple, Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, Fort Canning Park etc. 

     When I was teaching English to my Japanese students, I was asked several times if I already visited Boracay and Puerto Prinsesa and they're kinda amazed every time I say "not yet". And I guess, many Filipinos are like me, they opted to see the tourist spots from foreign land first. 

      So as my nationalistic ego strikes me,  i am making a pledge to see what my country's tourist spots this year before I plan of visiting foreign land again. I made a list  of places I have visited  and should visit first here in my very own country: 

BATANGAS. Check! At least I explored the beautiful beaches of Batangas and its rich heritage towns already. In fact I have seen Taal volcano in different angles already.

TAGAYTAY. Check :) Been there many times, the city taking advantage of the beauty of Batangas' Taal. LOL. It has been an age old funny petty fight, that Tagaytay is gaining too much popularity because you'll see from up there the very scenic Taal volcano and Taal lake. Oh well, mother Earth has made it that way :) 

LAGUNA. Check! Laguna has so many tourist spots to offer. Its mountainous region worth to climb, the Pagsanjan falls which justifies the charges of the bangkeros per boat ride, the many Catholic churches, several undisturbed lakes and a lot more. 

LUCENA.  Check. Been there a lot of times for work but thanks to my friends there, we were able to combine work and leisure at the same time. Though there are parts of Quezon that I should still check :) Hmm. 

MINDORO. Not the whole Mindoro but at least I've been to Calapan and Puerto Galera. 

BICOL . Yeah right, been there many times for work but its charm made me visit the place on my own expense and stayed there for 3 days. The famous Camsur, the Mayon Volcano that looks exactly the same how it was drawn in the history book including the carabao on the side made it worth our 8 hours travel by land. 

CLARK. I love how the Americans build this city less the abandoned building that seems like a ghost town now. 

BAGUIO . Cool and charming. There were times that I wanted to live there. Who wouldn't love the weather after all?

PAMPANGA . Been there, but I cant recall of any tourist spots there. 
 
     Oh wait, I think  I need a map now. Been to many places, just cant recall all of them now. Huh, I'm seeing signs of aging, this isn't good huh. The more that I need to travel a lot this year before I reach the age that I wouldn't be able to explore places the way I do it in the last 5 years.

      So in the next few months I should be able to visit Cebu, Davao, Ilocos Region, Iloilo, Bukidnon, Bohol and Zambales. I have booked Palawan from June 16-19 already so 8 more to go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment