Saturday, January 5, 2013

La Virginia, Almost Paradise Except Customer Service

            It really feels good to own your time... I can easily go somewhere else at my preferred time, at my own terms. Though I am missing my office, my cubicle and my former colleagues, I truly appreciate the moments that I can be with someone who needed me. Yeah, they say " oh so you have a life now" after 6 years of devoting my entire being to my precious job...

                   When I got a call from Daisy, my niece who's into heart-trouble, I gave her my  time to accompany her to  unwind and forget her burdens  for a while. It has been years when I last attended a concern like this. Since I joined SM, I never really had time to deal such kind of concerns. Yeah probably I was really out of reach, probably I was busy with my magical world, that I forget most of the people that matters to me... 

                On a clear day, I picked her up and we went to the first resort we thought of... La Virginia in Lipa. 
             The place has a majestic view of their red castle from the stiff road going to the main resort. Can't help but stopped on a dangerous curve to have some photos. Yeah around 20 photos just on this view... Whew, just didn't expect that  La Virginia looks this good ha. Nice first impression.

           The second entrance where we were pointed offers a guaranteed amazing view of what's inside. From the other side, we had the glimpse of Taal Lake. Oh, I've seen Taal from different sides and angles already. As we approached the entrance gate, we were stopped by the guard and required us to pay first before we can go inside. I asked him to open the gate first and we'll pay as soon as we parked the car inside but he refused because it's their policy. Wow, seems like he's not yet familiar with customer service, I'm pissed off but i followed him.  So i parked outside the gate, left my car at the side of the road and do what they call "policy", the most unfriendly policy I've heard of so far. What dismayed me most is when we reached the reception area and I complained about the guard. I was surprised that 3 people at the front desk irritated that it was a policy that I need to follow. Hearing the irate voice and seeing sour-faced front desk personnel, giggling me just to explain their dammed fool policy almost made me walked out and leave this place, had I not though of accompanying a sad friend, I can easily drive away and go to the next resort who knows how to value customers. Grrr, one thing is sure, I'll check the place but will never come back to La Virginia. Had it been my usual day, I will never give a second thought of giving them lectures about  Customer Service 101. I never heard anyone apologized for the inconvenience I felt from their policy, no one even gave a warm smile to welcome us. They could have had me switched my mood had I heard "sorry ma'am if our policy caused you inconvenience, we'll try to improve it the next time, or we'll suggest to management to review this so we can offer a better service next time".... NOTHING. If i will grade La Virginia's customer service it will be negative 5 out of 10. 
                 Finally after getting the receipt and showing it to the guard, he opened the gate and no more. We figured out where to park, where's the bathroom, where's the restaurant, blah blah; It was self-service. Every time I remember this experience, I feel so sorry for La Virginia. The place is almost paradise with great location, magnificent view of Taal volcano and Taal lake, the climate, the structure of building, the pool was clean during our visit, bathroom was clean, photo spots are unique, great adventures within the resort including zip line and rock climbing, it's just the customer service that dragged them down.  Tsk. Tsk.

                      Infinity pool overlooking Taal lake and volcano. 
The rooms were named after common flowers. They have Orchid, Sunflower, Gumamela, Rose etc.
This is the view from the pool side..
There was a Bali-inspired side of the rooms going down to another pool. 
And there you are King Kong!
The second pool closer to Taal Lake. Amazing view; nature plus man made pool in one picturesque site.
Safety reminder : Check your brakes before you decide to drive down.

Halo Halo is served. And I saw Daisy flashed a smile.
And the mermaid enjoy swimming as always :)
Good bye La Virginia. This was my first and last visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment